Is the fiber cutting machine a laser cutting machine?
XT Laser-fiber laser cutting machine
What is the difference between optical fiber cutting machine and laser cutting machine? In fact, optical fiber cutting machine is a classification of laser cutting machine. There are many kinds of laser cutting machines, including carbon dioxide laser cutting machines and optical fiber metal laser cutting machines. Why is fiber laser cutting machine good? Please read below.
CO2 laser cutting machine
In 2000, a set of high-power laser cutting equipment came into being, capable of cutting full-size stainless steel plate, carbon steel and other conventional materials within 25mm, as well as inner aluminum plate and acrylic plate. Because the CO2 laser beam is a continuous laser, it has the best cutting effect in the laser cutting machine, but the main power consumption of the CO2 laser cutting machine is too large, and the maintenance cost of the laser is expensive and other factors that are difficult to overcome. The market has obviously been in a downturn.
Optical fiber metal laser cutting machine
Fiber laser cutting machine transmits energy through flexible integrated fiber. The fiber laser cutting machine adopts a compact all-solid-state fiber-to-fiber design, which does not require any lens or optical equipment for alignment or adjustment. Compared with the traditional laser cutting machine, the fiber laser cutting machine is small in size, light in weight, and saves floor space. In addition, because the traditional laser cutting machine achieves accurate alignment through the lens, it must be applied very carefully. The fiber laser cutting machine has a more stable structure, can operate freely in various working environments, and is easier to transport.
Advantages of laser cutting machine:
- High cutting accuracy: the positioning accuracy of the laser cutting machine is 0.05 mm, and the repeated positioning accuracy is 0.03 mm.
- The laser cutting machine has a narrow slit: focus the laser beam into a small spot, make the spot reach a high power density, rapidly heat the material to the gasification degree, and evaporate to form a small hole. With the linear movement of the beam relative to the material, the hole continuously forms a narrow slit with a width of 0.10-0.20 mm.
- The cutting surface of the laser cutting machine is smooth: the cutting surface is free of burrs, and the roughness of the cutting surface is generally controlled within Ra 6.5.
- The laser cutting machine is fast: the cutting speed can reach 10 m/min, and the maximum positioning speed can reach 30 m/min, which is much faster than the wire cutting speed.
- The cutting quality of the laser cutting machine is good: non-contact cutting, the cutting edge is less affected by heat, the workpiece is basically free of thermal deformation, completely avoiding the collapse of the material during punching and shearing, and the cutting seam generally does not need secondary processing.
- No damage to the workpiece: the laser cutting head will not touch the material surface to ensure that the workpiece will not be scratched.
- Not affected by the shape of the workpiece: laser processing has good flexibility, can process any graphics, and can cut pipes and other special-shaped materials.
- The laser cutting machine can cut and process a variety of materials.
- Saving mold investment: laser processing does not need mold, no mold consumption, no need to repair mold, saving the time to replace mold, thus saving processing costs, reducing production costs, especially suitable for processing large products.
- Material saving: computer programming can be used to cut products of different shapes to maximize the utilization of materials.
- Improve sample delivery speed: after the product drawing is formed, laser processing can be carried out immediately, and new products can be obtained in the shortest time.
- Safe ecological environment protection: laser processing has less waste, low noise, clean, safe and pollution-free, greatly improving the working environment.