XT Laser – Laser Cutting Machine
Cutting circular holes on metal plates and pipes is a common process, but some customers purchase metal laser cutting machines and find that the circular holes cut by the laser cutting machine are not circular. This is a problem with the equipment or process. Xintian Laser will take you to understand.
More and more metal processing enterprises are choosing laser to cut circular holes. The processing section is smooth, and the diameter can be changed at any time, with high operational flexibility. However, with modern processing methods, a skilled operator is needed. Improper operation can cause irregular circles.
1. It may be that your lighting intensity was not adjusted properly, resulting in no overlap in the end. Generally speaking, the difference between the maximum and minimum light intensities should not exceed 5%, and the speed should not be adjusted too fast. If it is too fast, there may be frame skipping and the results will not overlap.
2. Then check if there are any issues with your hardware, such as the beam, lens, nozzle, etc.
3. Check if the servo motor or cutting head is fixed loose.
4. Improper blowing air pressure.
During the blowing process, when the air pressure is too low, slag scraping and carbonization will occur at the edges, while if the pressure is too high, it is easy to burst holes. Therefore, this requires a perfect cooperation between the process sampler and the machine, and the selection of appropriate air pressure based on experience, in order to make the cut circular hole more full.
5. The circular hole is too small.
The best solution for laser cutting machines to cut circular holes is to have a circular hole ratio of 1:1, which means that the ratio of aperture to plate thickness is 1:1. Of course, this ratio means that the larger the diameter of the hole, the easier it is to cut the quality of the circular hole. Otherwise, when the energy of the fiber laser cutting machine is insufficient, residual breakpoints and non circular holes are prone to appear in the cutting holes.
6. The parameters of the servo motor are incorrect.
Sometimes elliptical or irregular phenomena may appear in circular holes, which is related to the mismatch of XY axis motion. The direct reason for the mismatch of XY axis motion is improper adjustment of servo motor parameters. Therefore, the quality of cutting circular holes also has certain requirements for servo motors.
7. Causing accuracy errors in the guide rail and screw.
If the parameter error of the servo motor affects the cutting quality, then the accuracy error of the guide rail and screw will directly lead to the accuracy of the circular hole not meeting expectations. This is related to the strength of laser cutting machine manufacturers. Usually, some small factories deceive customers by claiming that the accuracy of laser cutting machines can reach 0.1 millimeters, but in reality, the quality and effectiveness of laser drilling can be very poor in actual operation. Well, it affects the added value of the product. So it is very necessary to choose high-quality and large brand laser cutting machines.
All these parameters are used to identify whether the accuracy, speed, and other parameters of cutting circular holes meet the standard requirements, and are sufficient to identify whether the quality of the purchased laser cutting machine is qualified. Therefore, customers must keep their eyes clean during the process of purchasing laser cutting machines.
Four factors that affect the cutting accuracy of fiber laser cutting machines.
1. The size of the laser focusing of the laser generator: If the gathered light spot is smaller, the cutting accuracy is higher, and if the gap after cutting is also smaller. The fiber laser cutting machine has high accuracy and good quality. However, the beam emitted by the laser is conical, so the slit cut is also conical. Under this condition, the thicker the workpiece, the lower the accuracy, and therefore the larger the cutting seam.
Fiber laser cutting machine.
2、 Workbench accuracy: If the workbench accuracy of the fiber laser cutting machine is high, the cutting accuracy will also be correspondingly improved. Therefore, the accuracy of the workbench is also an important factor in measuring the accuracy of the laser generator.
3. Laser beam focusing into a conical shape: When cutting with a fiber laser cutting machine, the laser beam is conical downwards. If the thickness of the cutting workpiece is large, the cutting accuracy will decrease and the cutting gap will also increase.
4. Different cutting materials can also affect the accuracy of fiber laser cutting machines. In the same situation, the cutting accuracy of fiber laser cutting machines for cutting stainless steel and aluminum may differ, with higher cutting accuracy for stainless steel and smoother cutting surfaces.