High-power Laser Cutting Process Difficulties and Solutions
With incomparable advantages such as large cutting range, fast cutting speed, and the ability to cut thicker plates. High power laser cutting has been widely recognized by the market. However, as high-power cutting technology is still in the early stage of popularization. Some operators are not very proficient in the techniques of high-power laser cutting. XT Laser’s high-power laser cutting engineers have summarized a series of solutions for poor quality high-power laser cutting through long-term testing and research, for reference by colleagues in all industries.
Problem 1: Cutting surface has stripes
1. Firstly,Replace the nozzle with a small diameter, such as for 16mm carbon steel bright surface cutting, you can choose high-speed nozzle D1.4mm; 20mm carbon steel bright surface can choose high-speed touch nozzle D1.6mm;
2. Secondly,Reduce the cutting air pressure can improve the cutting quality of the surface;
3. Thirdly,Adjust the cutting speed and match the power with the cutting speed properly to achieve the effect shown in the right picture below.
Problem 2: There is slag on the bottom
1. Firstly,Replace the large-caliber nozzle and adjust the focusing focus to a suitable position;
2. Secondly,Increase or decrease the air pressure until the air flow is appropriate;
3. Thirsly,Choose better metal sheet.
Problem 3: There are burrs on the bottom
1. Firstly,Choose large-caliber nozzles to increase air flow;
2. Secondly,Increase negative defocus to make the cutting section reach the bottom position;
3. Thirdly,Increasing the air pressure to reduce the bottom burr.