The role of fiber laser welding machine protective gas
Fiber laser welding machine protective gas will affect weld formation, weld quality. It will also affect weld penetration depth and penetration width. In most cases, protective gas will have a positive effect on the weld. but it may also cause damage. Come unfavorable effect.
Positive effects of protective gas
1) Protect the weld pool to reduce or even avoid oxidation effectively;
2) Reduce the spatter generated during the welding process effectively;
3) Promote the uniform spread of the weld pool during solidification. So that the weld is formed uniformly and beautifully;
4)Reduce the shielding effect of the vapor plume on the laser effectively. And increase the effective utilization rate of the laser;
5)Reduce the weld pores effectively.
As long as the gas type, gas flow rate, and blowing method are selected correctly, the desired effect can be obtained.
Negative effects of protective gas
1) Incorrect blowing of protective gas may cause deterioration of the weld:
①Selecting the wrong gas type may cause cracks in the weld, and may also reduce the mechanical properties of the weld;
②Selecting the wrong gas blowing flow rate may cause more serious oxidation of the weld (whether the flow is too large or too small), and may also cause the weld pool metal to be seriously interfered by external forces, and cause the weld to collapse or form unevenly;
③Selecting the wrong gas blowing method will cause the welding seam to fail to achieve the protection effect, or even basically no protection effect, or have a negative impact on the welding seam formation;
2) Blowing in protective gas will have a certain effect on the weld penetration, especially when welding thin plates, it will reduce the weld penetration.
By the way, any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Email is email@example.com
Phone is +86 130 7536 8010(Whatsapp/Wechat)
Facebook is https://www.facebook.com/XtlaserDora/