Laser welding is one of the important aspects of the application of laser material processing technology. In the 1970s, it mainly use to weld thin-walled materials and low-speed welding. The welding process is thermoconductive. That is, the laser radiation heats the surface of the workpiece. And the heat of the surface diffuse internally by heat conduction. By control, parameters such as width, energy, maximum power and repetition frequency of the laser pulse. The workpiece fuse to form a specific cast group. Due to its unique advantages, it has been successfully applied to the precision welding of a small part. The emergence of high power CO2 and high power YAG lasers open a new field of laser welding. Deep fusion welding based on the small hole effect has been widely used in industrial machinery, automobile and steel archives.
Compared to other welding techniques, laser welding has the following advantages:
● Fast speed, great depth and small deformation.
● It can weld refractory materials such as titanium, quartz, tec. And you can weld the opposite material, and the effect is good.
● Micro welding is available. The laser beam focuse to obtain a small point, and can place precisely. And can apply to mass welding of small work pieces that produce automatically in large quantities.
● You can weld at domestic temperature or under special conditions, and the welding equipment is simple. For example, the laser passes through an electromagnetic field and the light beam does not change; The laser can weld in an environment of vacuum, air and some gases, and can weld through glass or transparent beam materials.
● After laser focusing, the power density is high. When high power devices used, the depth to width ratio can reach 5: 1 and the maximum can reach 10: 1.
● The laser beam is easy to divide the light according to time and space and can perform simultaneous multi-beam processing and multi-station processing.
● You can weld non-accessible parts and perform long-distance welding without contact with great flexibility. Especially in recent years, fiber optic transmission technology adopted in YAG laser processing technology, which has made laser welding technology more popular and applied.