Laser cutting machine power and plate thickness
XT Laser – Laser Cutting Machine
In recent years, the rapid development of high-speed rail, nuclear power, shipbuilding, petrochemical and aerospace industries in China has put forward higher demands for laser cutting processing equipment and technology. The overall trend is towards higher power, faster speed, larger format, thicker cutting, brighter cross-section, and straighter direction.
So, from 6000W to 8000W, and then to the once seemingly unreachable 10000 watt level laser cutting machine, the power of the laser cutting machine gradually exceeded our imagination. Previously, the thickness of optical fiber laser cutting plates was limited to within 20mm of carbon steel and 12mm of stainless steel, while the 10000 watt level laser cutting machine could cut aluminum alloy plates up to 40mm and stainless steel plates up to 50mm. When cutting stainless steel plates with a thickness of 3-10mm, the cutting speed of a 10kW laser cutting machine is more than twice that of a 6kW machine; At the same time, in the cutting application of carbon steel, the 10000 watt level laser cutting machine can achieve a fast bright surface cutting speed of 18-20mm/s, which is twice the speed of ordinary standard cutting; Compressed air or nitrogen can also be used to cut carbon steel within 12mm, with a cutting efficiency six to seven times that of oxygen cutting carbon steel.
Data shows that in terms of 8mm stainless steel, the speed of a 6kW laser cutting machine has increased by nearly 400% compared to a 3kW laser cutting machine. In terms of 20mm thick stainless steel, the speed of 12kW has increased by 114% compared to 10kW. From the perspective of economic benefits, the price of a 10000 watt level laser cutting machine is less than 40% higher than that of a 6kW machine tool, but the output efficiency per unit time is more than twice that of a 6kW machine tool. Moreover, it saves labor and space, and is favored by laser processing enterprise owners. The laser cutting machine targets metal materials such as stainless steel, carbon steel, alloy steel, aluminum plate, silver, copper, titanium, etc. The cutting thickness of different power laser cutting machines for different metal materials is closely related to the cutting material.
1000 watts, 2000 watts… how thick can laser cutting machines of various powers cut? Generally speaking, the thickness limit values for cutting various materials with different laser cutting machine powers are as follows: (For reference only, the actual cutting ability is also related to various factors such as cutting machine quality, cutting environment, auxiliary gas, cutting speed, etc.)
1. The maximum cutting thickness of different materials for a 500W fiber laser cutting machine: 6mm for carbon steel; The maximum thickness of stainless steel is 3mm; The maximum thickness of aluminum plate is 2mm; The maximum thickness of copper plate is 2mm;
2. 1000W fiber laser cutting machine, maximum cutting thickness for different materials: carbon steel, maximum thickness 10mm; The maximum thickness of stainless steel is 5mm; The maximum thickness of aluminum plate is 3mm; The maximum thickness of copper plate is 3mm;
3. 2000W fiber laser cutting machine, maximum thickness for cutting different materials: carbon steel, maximum thickness 16mm; The maximum thickness of stainless steel is 8mm; The maximum thickness of aluminum plate is 5mm; The maximum thickness of copper plate is 5mm;
4. 3000W fiber laser cutting machine, maximum thickness for cutting different materials: 20mm maximum thickness for carbon steel; The maximum thickness of stainless steel is 10mm; The maximum thickness of aluminum plate is 8mm; The maximum thickness of copper plate is 8mm;
5. 4500W laser cutting of stainless steel can reach a maximum of 20mm, but the quality of the cutting surface above 12mm is not guaranteed. Cutting below 12mm is definitely a bright surface cutting. A cutting capacity of 6000W would be better, but the price is also higher.
In the practical application process, the cutting ability of fiber laser cutting machines is also related to various factors such as cutting machine quality, laser type, cutting environment, cutting speed, etc. The use of auxiliary gas can also improve a certain cutting ability, so there is no absolute standard to determine its cutting thickness. For example, the cutting of carbon steel mainly relies on oxygen combustion, while the cutting of stainless steel mainly relies on power.
A general 1000W fiber laser cutting machine can cut carbon steel plates of about 10mm, while stainless steel plates are slightly difficult to cut. To increase the cutting thickness, it is necessary to sacrifice edge effect and speed.