Laser Systems for Direct Part Marking in Manufacturing
Firstly, a Range of Uses of marking in manufacturing
These methods of direct part marking are use in various applications. Industrial engineering, data matrix and barcodes are design to the lifetime of the component,a major reason for laser engraving them onto the parts.
Then, the marks are use to track movement of the components or conduct inventory stock checks.
Then, the marks are use in track and trace, anti-counterfeit operations and banking applications.
Two-dimensional barcodes are use extensively in retail sales,
one-dimensional codes are use for purposes, motor vehicle VIN numbers.
Secondly, the Medical UID Program
Then, the 2007 FDA Amendments Act established the Unique Device Identification (UID) system.
Under this law, every device and its sub-components require labeling with a mark, which enables tracking
of their lot and serial numbers through the medical community.
Then, the program’s purpose is to address security and efficiency issues in the healthcare supply chain, reduce errors in medication, prevent
counterfeiting and facilitate medical product recalls.
Then, a similar program is in use by the department of defense to enable tractability for all serially managed parts that are “sensitive and pilfer-able.”
Thirdly, benefits of Using Laser Engraving
Benefits of laser-engraved direct part marking include:
- It’s not only permanent, it’s very difficult to intentionally remove. This makes it ideal for identifying components that have a high value and need to be protect.
- Bar-codes are easy to read using a range of systems, including mobile applications
- Laser engraving of marks enables very small sizes to be use with a high level of fidelity.
Direct part marking is a reliable method of identifying manufactured components and it’s here to stay.
- Laser engraving equipment works well to deliver high fidelity marks for most applications, depending on
- Then,the material the parts are make from. Parts used in “safety critical” applications high
- pressure/stress systems and aircraft engineering require a non-intrusive method
- of direct part marking, which isn’t always as efficient as laser marking or engraving.
At last, to learn more about direct part marking in manufacturing with laser marking technology, please contact XTLASER today :