How to choose a nozzle of laser cutter
The nozzle of the laser cutting machine is one of the wear parts of the laser cutting machine equipment. The nozzle will actually have a certain impact on the cutting quality of the laser cutting machine. Let’s take a look at the relationship between the nozzle and the cutting quality and how to choose it. Aperture of nozzle:
1. The relationship between nozzle and cutting quality:
When the center of the nozzle is different from the center of the laser, the effect on the cutting quality:
1) When it affects the cutting section and cutting gas injection, the gas output is not only necessary. Therefore, slag often appears on one side of the cutting workpiece, and there is no phenomenon on the other side. The cutting of the surface of the plate below 3 mm has little influence. When cutting more than 3 mm, the impact is more serious, and even continuous cutting will occur.
2) Affect the quality of sharp corners. When cutting workpieces with sharp corners or small sharp corners, local overmelting is likely to occur. When cutting thick plates, it may not be able to cut.
3) Perforation is affected, the perforation is unstable, the time is not easy to control, the penetration of thick plates will cause overmelting, and the penetration conditions are not easy to grasp, and the impact of thin plate perforation is small.
2. Selection of nozzle aperture:
The nozzle apertures are φ1.0mm, φ1.5mm, φ2.0mm, φ2.5mm, φ3.0mm, etc. At present, the nozzle diameter usually adopts two kinds of φ1.5mm and φ2mm. The difference is:
1) Thin plates below 3mm: use φ1.5mm, the cutting surface will be very thin; use φ2mm, the cutting surface will be thicker, and the corners will be easily melted.
2) Thick plates above 3mm: Due to the high cutting power, the relative cooling time is long, and the relative cutting time is also increased. When φ1.5mm, the gas diffusion area is small and it is not stable when used, but it is basically usable. When φ2mm, the gas diffusion area is large and the gas flow rate is slow, so the cutting is more stable.
3) The diameter of φ2.5mm aperture can only be used for cutting thick plates above 10mm. In summary, the size of the nozzle aperture has a serious impact on the cutting quality. At present, laser cutting mostly uses nozzles with φ1.5mm and φ2mm apertures.
Therefore, the larger the aperture of the nozzle, the worse the relative protection of the focusing lens, because the sparks of the molten material will splash during cutting, and the higher the probability of bouncing upwards, the shorter the life of the laser cutting machine lens.
The concentricity between the nozzle center and the laser is one of the important factors that determine the cutting quality, especially the thicker the cut workpiece, the greater its influence. Therefore, the concentricity between the nozzle center and the laser must be adjusted to obtain a better cut surface finish.
Note: When the nozzle is deformed or there are stains on the nozzle, its impact on the cutting quality is the same as above. Therefore, the nozzle should be placed carefully to avoid collision and deformation. The melted stains on the nozzle should be cleaned in time. The quality of the nozzle has high precision requirements in manufacturing, and the installation also requires the correct method. If the cutting conditions are changed due to poor nozzle quality, the nozzle should be replaced in time.
XT laser is manufacturer of laser machines since 2004, any inquiry, feel free to contact us: