To know the features and details about fiber laser cutter, let us first know what laser cutter is. To start with laser cutter, it is a technique which includes using a laser to cut materials. This technology directs the output of a high-power laser through optics in most cases and that’s how it works. In order to direct the material or the generated laser beam, we often use the Laser optics and CNC. If you are going to use a typical commercial laser machine for cutting materials, it will involve a motion control system.
This motion follows a CNC or G-code of the pattern . When the focused fiber laser beam is directed at the material, it either melts, burns or blown away by a jet of gas. This phenomenon leaves an edge with a high-quality surface finishing. There are industrial laser cutters for flat-sheet material. They can also cut structural and piping materials.
Next, let’s now discuss fiber lasers. These lasers are a type of solid-state laser which is growing fast within the metal cutting industry. And his technology uses a solid gain medium, which is contrary to CO2 lasers using a gas or liquid. In these lasers, the active gain medium is an optical fiber doped with rare-earth elements such as erbium, neodymium, praseodymium, holmium, ytterbium, dysprosium, and holmium. They all are related to doped fiber amplifiers which are meant to provide light amplification without lasing.
The seed laser produced laser beam and then glass fiber amplify it. Fiber lasers provide wavelength up to 1.064 micrometers. Due to this wavelength, they produce an extremely small spot size. This spot size is up to 100 times smaller compared to the CO2. This feature of fiber lasers makes it ideal for cutting reflective metal material. This is one of the ways in which fiber lasers are more advantageous than CO2. Stimulated Raman scattering and four-wave mixing are some of the types of fiber nonlinearity which can provide gain and that’s why serve as gain media for a fiber laser.
1. About XT LASER warranty – 3 year warranty
– This 4kw cutter, we offer 3 year warranty for the whole machine & 3 year warranty for the laser source (Except consumables).
– Customer cutting brass with large amounts? or only small?
If customer cutting brass with large amounts, then we suggest to use US nLIGHT laser source. Because US nLIGHT laser source has the anti-reflective technology especially.
This technology is mainly targed at high reflective materails, such as brass & copper & aluminium.
– What’s more, nLIGHT’s price is more competitive than IPG.
We are the stragetic partner of US nLIGHT.
Following are the features of fiber laser cutter which make these machines so popular.
- Fiber lasers have higher wall-plug efficiency as compared to other laser cutting machines.
- These machines give the advantage of maintenance-free operation.
- These machines have the special feature of easy ‘plug and play ‘design.
- Moreover, they are extremely compact and hence very easy to install.
- There is higher flexibility of beam delivery in case of fiber lasers as compared to other laser cutting machines.
- These machines allow the processing of highly reflective materials too.
- They provide lower cost of ownership.
Above feature make fiber laser cutter very advantageous as compared to others and so popularly used in various applications. For more information, you can search fiber laser cutting machine.