Though laser marking has hundreds of fascinating applications and has been put to use in many diverse industries, one of the most essential uses for laser marking systems is in the production of electronics.
As technology continues to advance and consumers acquire more handheld and portable devices, the need for quality systems for laser marking electronics increases. Let’s take a look at how TYKMA Electrox can assist your business in its electronic laser marking needs.
Materials and Equipment
XT LASER specializes in fiber laser systems which are ideal for the laser marking of electronic parts due to the systems’ versatility.
Our laser marking systems are capable of marking the following materials, many of which are commonly utilized during electronics production:
- ABS plastics
- Glass-filled plastics
- Polyethylene plastics
- Various additional plastics
- Various synthetic materials
- Anodized Aluminum
- Stainless steel
- Nickel-plated materials
- Galvanized materials
- Black oxide
- Painted materials
- Various coated materials
As you can see, the possibilities for laser marking and laser engraving electronics are incredibly diverse, and that diversity is matched by the impressive line of equipment xt laser offers.
We provide numerous laser marking systems which can meet the needs of any industry, with options in regards to size, maneuverability, work space configuration and more. For a look at our advanced systems, be sure to visit our products page.
For companies looking to laser mark or laser etch electronics, know that fiber lasers have been utilized in a host of essential ways. Some of the product types and equipment that regularly utilize laser marking include:
- Cell phones and smart phones
- Tablet computers
- MP3 players
- Circuit/PCB boards
- IC chips
- Silicon wafers
- Molded plastic housings
- Circuit breakers
- Semiconductor parts
- Product containers
For these and other products, laser marking systems are able to provide:
- High-quality identification information, such as essential certifications, product specs, barcodes, alphanumeric codes, and 2D codes
- Ablation of copper and other materials
- Kapton ablation and removal
- The ability to mark information on the smallest of components
- Traceability for vital pieces of equipment
- Permanent, solder-resistant markings which are machine-readable
- Stylized corporate and product logos
- Resistor trimming
- Assistance with quality assurance and the protection of trademarks
- Sped-up production time and increased efficiency
Additionally, laser marking systems have the added benefit of offering clear marks to create contrast but without causing electrical interference that could come from exposing copper components.
And because of laser marking’s cost effectiveness, efficiency, and precision, the method is greatly preferred to more outdated options like pad printing, stamping, chemical etching, and silk screening.